Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HEROESCON :: Stuart & Kathryn Immonen And Ethan Van Sciver Join 2008 Guest List!


True to my word, I'm pleased to announce the first addition to our guest list resulting from my trip on Shelton's behalf to beautiful Canada: artist/writer team Stuart & Kathryn Immonen have just confirmed for next year's Heroes Convention. Those of you with long memories might remember Stuart attending HeroesCon 2000, back when he and Kurt Busiek's Shockrockets was just coming out from then-publishing imprint Gorilla. Most recently he's the new artist on Ultimate Spider-Man, not to mention Nextwave, and before that Ultimate X-Men, and on and on. Stuart has worked on just about every major character there is in comics, and a quick trip to his site will reveal that that's just the beginning of his talents! He's currently producing, along with writing partner (and wife, I presume) Kathryn Immonen, the online Moving Pictures strip, which is gorgeous!

We're also excited to welcome back to HeroesCon superstar artist Ethan Van Sciver, who's laundry list of credits (Green Lantern, Superman Batman, New X-Men) has turned him into one of the most sought-after names in comics. And with a recent move to good ole North Carolina, he's also practically a neighbor! Always a popular guest, be sure and welcome Ethan to town the next time you see him!

9 comments:

Shawn Daughhetee said...

Have I mentioned that I am excited about next year's con? Cause I am!

Phil Southern said...

Great news on both fronts! Immonen's art is always compelling and interesting; I look forward to meeting him.

Rusty Baily said...

NEXTWAVE was AWESOME!!!! And Ult Spidey was great before, but it's even better now in my humble opinion. Stuart is ONE TALENTED FELLA! I'm with Shawn...I'm is excited too!

Big Dog Studios said...

Both solid gets...keep 'em coming guys!

Rich Barrett said...

Very excited about the Immonens! He's been doing some amazing stuff recently. I really enjoy their webcomics too.

Dustin Harbin said...

Yeah, that guy's ridiculous. You'd need three hands to count all the different styles he can work in. Showoff!

Shawn Daughhetee said...

Jason Lee as the Green Lantern. Nice.

Big Dog Studios said...

Thanks Shawn! I've used Earl as my avatar for quite some time. We had a self portrait assignment in the Rama art group and I didn't have time to do one, so I did the next best thing! :)

Michael said...

The Immonens (Immoni?) are quite the coup! Congratulations! I'm excited - Stuart has benn a long time fav.