Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Evan Dorkin & Sarah Dyer Join Indie Island!


The problem with the whole "Indie Island" thing is that the bigger it gets, the less like a desert island it seems. Especially when it's at the center of an 80,000 square foot convention hall. Whose idea was this anyway? But that's not what we're here to talk about: just added to the Guest List are indie comics royalty Evan Dorkin and Sarah Dyer. Evan is the creator of Milk & Cheese, Dork!, and Hectic Planet among others; Sarah is the writer and artist behind Action Girl. Together they've written for shows including Space Ghost: Coast To Coast, Superman Adventures, and probably a bunch more I don't even know about. Does that make me ignorant? Well sure it does!

4 comments:

Andy Mansell said...

How about an animation panel?
This could get pretty darn good.

Dairy products gone bad!!!!!!

Dustin Harbin said...

You know, they write a ton of stuff, and I suspect they're a) into talking about it, and b) hate talking about it. That's the impression I got from their sites, anyway. I met Evan at MoCCA, and he was so SO much nicer than I expected--I think he'd be a great panelee.

Robert Ullman said...

Yeah, Dorkin is entertaining as hell. You gotta get him a panel or two!

Dustin Harbin said...

Suggestions? Because I'll be able to work on it next year, I fully intend to have a schedule of programming so preposterously packed and awesome that people will be angered at how little time they had to meet people on the convention floor itself; not to mention the conflict of choosing between excellent panels.