Friday, April 11, 2008

ON THE ROAD :: Fluke 08 Goes On Tomorrow!

Set sail, me hearties! I'll be attending my first ever FLUKE show tomorrow, in scenic Athens, Georgia!

If you've never heard of it, FLUKE is a mini-comics festival that takes place in a bar (delicious!), and features a ton of Southeastern minicomic-ers. I'll be there promoting Indie Island, selling t-shirts, and buying a lot of new minicomics for the store--we keep selling out of the old ones! And I might have a drink... maybe.

The particulars: Fluke 2008 will take place at Tasty World, located at 312 E. Broad St. in Athens. It goes from 11am to 6pm, and the $5 admission fee also includes a table you can sell your wares at, although those are sure to go quick. More info here. And remember, it's a bar, so feel free to buy me a drink if you see me--Shelton's got me on a tight budget. Hope to see you there!

OH I ALMOST FORGOT: I'm not the only Heroes staffer on the road this weekend: also travelling Southward will be Shelton, who'll be attending Wes Tillander's Atlanta Comic Con this Sunday, April 13! The show will be located at the Marriott Atlanta Century Center--sounds futuristic!--from 11am to 5pm. If you're in Georgia this weekend, be sure to come see us at one of these events!

No comments: