Friday, July 11, 2008

Anchors Aweigh!

Hi Guys,

In case you haven’t heard, my last day as a Heroes staff member will be Friday, July 18. Starting July 19h, I will be a full time student, pursuing my Master’s degree as well as returning to my former role as Heroes customer and booster. To that end, all remembrances and cash donations should be made in person on, or before July 18.

Now, I’m sure all of you have wondered at some point in your lives: just how awesome is it, being a bona-fide member of the Heroes staff?

The answer is . . . very.

I can’t say enough about Shelton and my co-workers. For me, they have been a deep well of support--both professionally and personally--as well as a constant source of laughter. Most importantly, they’ve been my family for the last five years. Please, be gentle with them for the next few weeks. I’m sure my stepping down will leave them emotionally vulnerable for a while, perhaps even irrevocably scarred. I don’t think flowers, a sympathy card, or even just a hug would be remiss--especially for Dusty, who I know for a fact just loves hugs. So if you see him, give him a squeeze and tell him you’re thinking of him.

Also, to those who continue to support Heroes Aren’t Hard to Find week in and week out: you help make what has been such an important part of my life possible; thank you. Next time you see me, I’ll be browsing the racks right alongside you. It won’t be exactly the same, but that’s ok; once you’ve spent some time at Heroes, no matter what side of the counter you might find yourself standing, you are--and always will be--part of the family.

But you already knew that, didn’t you.

12 comments:

Rich Barrett said...

No way! Didn't know this. Good luck, Todd! Hope to continue running into you in the store.

Andy Mansell said...

wow-- most EXTREME excuse to get out of the discussion Group EVER!!

Best of luck to you Todd-- if we had known your cannon was that big, we would have treated you you with much more respect.

Write on!!!

Dan Morris said...

Good luck Todd. I hope your return to classes goes well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on getting that Masters of Kung Fu, grasshopper. You'll be missed at Baltimore.

Dustin Harbin said...

Good old Todd--Shawn and I are going to have our hands full trying to take over all your work. Thanks for nothing, jerk!

The thing I WON'T miss is your constant flatulence: very unprofessional. Sharing an office with you for the last year has been a real challenge. Although honestly, a challenge I'll miss. Sniff!

Dan Morris said...

Wow, things you kinda didn't want to know were going on in the back of the Heroes warehouse.

andy smith said...

Damn you for leaving us so soon! Seriously good luck and be seeing you around the shop!

Anonymous said...

Whaaa? Todd, you can't go...all the plants will die.

Who will pester me endlessly about watching "Lost" now?

Rusty Baily said...

*sniff*

Michael said...

Todd, your friendliness and great customer service will be missed. Not to mention your luscious golden hair. Good luck on your degree program - hope to see you around!

Shawn Daughhetee said...

I'm going to miss you Todd. The store just won't be the same without you. I wish you luck!

Jason Wheatley said...

Good luck, Todd! You will be missed. I'll always look back on our in-store discussions on Green Arrow with much fondness and warmth. You remember the ones I'm talking about.

Fondness and warmth.