This month's topic: Sandman Volume 4: Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman and various .
The voting was close (and heated) but Sandman wins over Shazam by a nose. We are guaranteeing another exciting discussion this time around!
Potential topics will include:
• Is Sandman/Neil Gaiman over-rated?
• The concept of Hell and the devil as presented
• How well does the book hold up after two decades on the shelf
• Does the use of multiple artists enhance or detract from the storyline
• Who are the Endless-- the two page spread in the first collected issue alone could fill two hours.
Example: What did Death look like in the Sixties?-- what would she look like now? Why did Delight become Delirium?
The last three discussions were absolute love fests for the books we chose. we have a feeling this discussion will be a bit different. Whether you are a defender or detractor, please set aside some time to read (or re-read) Season of Mists and then plan on joining us in the back of of the Heroes store from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. It is your DESTINY to attend!
And just up over at the Rescued By Nerds blog, an interview by our own Rich Barrett, with ME, and an occasional chime-in from Dustin! All about the Heroes Discussion Group! Check it out!